• Latest News

    Saturday 7 November 2015

    I Shed Tears When I Was Paid the Money that Changed My Life – Comedian Akpororo








    Popular Nigerian comedian, Akpororo, whose real name is Bowoto Jephta, in a new interview, has shared the story of his rise to fame in the highly competitive comedy industry.
    Below are excerpts from the chat;

    Can you briefly tell us about yourself?
    My real name is Bowoto Jephta, popularly known as Akpororo. I came into limelight in 2008, shortly after I emerged winner of the keenly contested AY Open Mic comedy competition. Prior to emerging winner of the competition, I was more into music. I also played football. But in all, it’s comedy that has brought me where I am today. I think without comedy, I wouldn’t be where I am today. Comedy has given me name and prominence.

    Akpororo when he bought his Range Rover SUV
    What is the greatest thing you’ve achieved so far through comedy?
    Comedy has opened a lot of doors for me. At the moment, I get access easily into areas I couldn’t before now and easy access to top and influential personalities too.




    What inspires your jokes?
    I have always told people that I am a church boy. So the word of God inspires my jokes. I’m in the choir and I have a mass choir like 80-90 people in Okokomaiko. I don’t joke with the word of God which explains why most of my jokes are about men of God and the church.Akpororo and his fiancee (their pre-wedding photo)

    We would like to know how the stage name, Akpororo came about?
    There was a day I was abusing a guy in the church and I said ‘you wey your head look like Akpororo’. My Bishop just looked at me and said why don’t you change your name from Holy Son to Akpororo? I didn’t argue and since then it has been Akpororo.

    The last time you cried, what was the cause?
    I hardly cry. God doesn’t allow things that will make me cry to happen. Even when my heart was broken by my ex-girlfriend, I didn’t cry. When I lost my grandfather I didn’t cry; so what else will make me cry? The time I cried was when they paid me money that changed my life. Right there, I shed tears because I was overwhelmed. It was tears of joy.




    • Blogger Comments
    • Facebook Comments

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    Item Reviewed: I Shed Tears When I Was Paid the Money that Changed My Life – Comedian Akpororo Rating: 5 Reviewed By: Ajakaiye Oluwafemi Faith
    Scroll to Top